December’s Recipe - Ho Ho Ho! Healthier, Gluten-Free Sandwich Cookies
December 1, 2023
With all that traveling, everyone knows Santa and his reindeer work up quite an appetite. These healthy Homemade Sandwich Cookies will satisfy Santa’s – and your – sweet tooth! They’re chocolatey and sweet and 100% delicious and addicting. But these cookies only taste naughty – this recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
Yup, that means no artificial flavorings, no high-fructose corn syrup, and no refined white flour!
Ingredients for Cookies
- 1⅓ cup of Oat Flour
- ½ cup Granulated Erythritol
- ½ cup Unsweetened Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 1½ cups Powdered Erythritol
- 3 tbs Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
Instructions for Sandwich Cookies
For the Wafers
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, erythritol, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer bowl with beater attachment, add the coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and stevia extract. Mix on low speed until completely mixed.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the stand mixer and mix until completely mixed. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll ⅓ of the dough in between two silicone baking sheets until ~⅛" thick. Use a 2" circle cookie cutter to punch circles into the dough. Peel away the dough surrounding the circle shapes, putting the dough back into the stand mixer bowl, and transfer the silicone sheet with the circles onto a cookie tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Carefully transfer the silicone sheet onto your counter or a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Keep re-rolling the dough and baking until all the dough is used up.
For the Filling:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the erythritol, water, and vanilla paste, until you get a frosting-like texture.
- Scoop the frosting onto half of the wafer cookies, then gently press the remaining wafer cookies on top to make sandwich cookies. Serve and enjoy!
Only frost and sandwich the cookies the day you serve them. While they last about a week in the fridge, the filling softens the cookies over time.
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit below!
Is It A Loved One Or A Scammer Calling? Watch Out For "The Grandchild Scam."
Scam artists are always adopting new tactics to steal your money. Providing peace of mind is at the heart of AMBA's mission.
How to Keep Your Tooth Enamel STRONG!
Protecting the First Line of Defense Against Tooth Decay Maintaining your dental health as you age can be challenging. That's
February’s Recipe: You’ll ❤️ Our Heart Healthy Spinach-Stuffed Baked Salmon
AMBA is dedicated to helping you live your best life. A major part of staying healthy in retirement is your lifestyle and food
Home Health Care vs. Long-Term Care: What Are the Differences & Why You Need to Consider Them
Weighing your options to protect you and your loved one’s financial future as you get older? Investing in a Home Health